Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Let's Be Honest

So this blog was supposed to be out my experiences in my 40's. Things people don't talk about, maybe they do. But don't you sometimes feel like it can't all be true?
Especially when you consider some of the frame of references we have out there. Women in particular. I'm sorry but Jenny McCarthy should by no means be the poster child to young women as to what your 40's should be and or look like. Don't get me wrong she is rocking it out and good on her but the reality for some of us is not quite that pretty.
For starters my body looks like a body that has gained and lost weight numerous times and grew a human being in it.  I can't afford to get waxing, mani/pedi's, and my hair done regularly. I don't have a stylist.
This is  my reality, mind you don't think I'm having a pity party, because I too rock what I got. I' m just saying if you are looking for a Playboy playmate. Well, take your readers off.
My reality:
I do my nails when my daughter is asleep. Insta dri is my friend. I do splurge on coloring my hair but keep it short so I don't have to spend a lot.  My idea of waxing is a visit to my friendly neighborhood Cost Cutters for a $15 eyebrow wax.
I buy the bulk of my clothes at Target or Old Navy. I'm able to look somewhat put together because I pay attention. I see a style I like or look good in - I copy it just at my price range. I've become comfy with myself and I think it shows. Most of the time.
Where it's scary and this the Jenny McCarthy reference is sex and all that goes with it.
But that's a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment