Saturday, April 13, 2013

And There It Is...

So originally when I started blogging again this was supposed to be musings about entering my forties. More specifically all the things no one tells you about being forty.  Which really is a lot but the more I got writing, the more introspective I got about how I got here.
Here being 41 & a single Mom trying to figure everything out. And I do mean everything.
I feel like the single Mom think I have figured out. Sort of. Schedules are important. Plan ahead, get things ready the night before. But also be flexible. Have dinner together & know when to give yourself a time out.
I am still trying to figure out this co- parenting business and that's a blog post for another day. The true topic at hand is dating or not dating.
As a Mom in my 40's sadly I do come with a few suitcases. But should I be discounted?
I don't want to be over eager but I also am pretty aware of what I want. I also want what's best for my daughter. So where is the balance? And I certainly feel I shouldn't have to settle.
Been there done that - thousands of dollars in legal fees later I feel I'm entitled to want an upgrade. Be a little shallow.
The kicker is what I want, what is out there, how it all works... Doesn't always mesh.
And there it is - gotta figure out the balance. Upgrade, shallow, baggage, a solid relationship. Do those things even go together?

No comments:

Post a Comment